2020 Prepper Health & Fitness Challenge: Day 13

Home Forums Challenges and Contests 2020 Prepper Health & Fitness Challenge: Day 13

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Loving Life 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Daisy
    Keymaster

Here are the small habits we’re incorporating into our daily lives.

1. We’re drinking water before we drink other beverages.
    2. We’re adding a serving of fruit or veggies before each meal.
    3. We’re adding more movement to our day.
    4. We are performing 5 minutes of gentle stretches before we get out of bed in the morning.
    5. We are focusing on some rest or relaxation time on a daily basis.
    6. Replacing calorie-laden, nutritionally-barren snacks with fruits and veggies.

Today’s Challenge

Today is a strength-training day. Refer to this article for your upper body workout ideas.

How’s it going?

I hope that so far this challenge has helped you to see that improving your health isn’t always about big, dramatic, sweeping changes and deprivation. We can see so much improvement when we add positive habits on a daily and weekly basis.

Let me know how the challenge is going for you. Do you have any questions so far?

Dala Barnes
    Participant

I did bicep curls. I increased the reps and the weight slightly. It was a little tougher but the weight could be increased yet again. Didn’t feel the burn significantly only slightly.

These small changes are helping, small steps but more movement.

I am developing a love/dislike relationship with my fitness tracker. The days I ride gets me to my goal on movement plus about 50%. The days I walk and do chores get me to about 75%. I hope my riding is not throwing off the in-between days.

namelus
    Participant

making workouts harder without potentially injuring yourself. Go to 60 or 70 percent of max then take a super slow reps… 30 sec up 30 sec down 10 reps… you will feel the burn yet not risk a muscle pull.

Loving Life
    Participant

I am doing pretty good with the challenges. I do struggle to drink enough water. I am getting better with the water. I think part of the issue is the cold and drinking water, when I would prefer a hot beverage like hot tea or coffee.

For the most part, I really like my Fitbit except sometimes it seems to take a siesta and doesn’t log steps correctly. I walked up and down the stairs at my house and the Fitbit registered no steps.

For yesterday, I did a couple upper body exercises. I couldn’t log in as my area has been experiencing some cell tower issues.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar