2020 Prepper Health & Fitness Challenge: Day 17

Home Forums Challenges and Contests 2020 Prepper Health & Fitness Challenge: Day 17

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Crow Bar 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Daisy
    Keymaster

by Daisy Luther

Here are the small habits we’re incorporating into our daily lives.

1. We’re drinking water before we drink other beverages.
    2. We’re adding a serving of fruit or veggies before each meal.
    3. We’re adding more movement to our day.
    4. We are performing 5 minutes of gentle stretches before we get out of bed in the morning.
    5. We are focusing on some rest or relaxation time on a daily basis.
    6. Replacing calorie-laden, nutritionally-barren snacks with fruits and veggies.

Today’s Challenge

Today it’s time to look more deeply into your goals. We’ve spent a couple of weeks establishing new and positive habits. Now it’s time to examine where you are, where you want to be, and what it will take to get there.

Whatever your goal is, there’s a website out there that will support you and help you reach it. Today, work on a plan to help you set realistic goals. Create small steps you can take to reach those goals in the form of daily habits.

What are your goals?

Now that you’re accustomed to adding daily habits, it’s a great time to make some positive changes to your lifestyle. What are your specific goals and what habits will help you reach them?

Littlesister
    Participant

With DH feeling better for now 4 days in a row.  I am going to get out of house and walk around block. I used to walk the whole neighborhood. From entrance going around both large block and small block is one mile.  But only going to do the small block I live on as don’t want to be to far from home with DH’s issues. Of course cell phone in hand just in case. Just hoping and praying he will continue to get better. He seems to be getting just a wee bit stronger with his walking. Though he still needs some walking aid, cane or my arm.

Dala Barnes
    Participant

I am going to focus on getting more fit. The beginning of this challenge helped me see what I need to incorporate in my plan. Hopefully I will loose a little weight.

OldMt Woman
    Participant

Hi everyone.  Well, since I’ve been gone I’ve:  lost weight, tightened abs, gotten plenty of down time, drank lots of water……

Because this flu has NOT BEEN FUN.  I turned a bad corner and had terrible coughing which tightens muscles in the most horrible ways.  Hmph.  Not even being able to eat 3 oyster crackers when it began….no nausea, just couldn’t chew/swallow.  Then having options of canned soup or …jello with fruit for days.  Both DH and I were sick so no caretaker.  We’ve survived.  Not.  Fun.

I now have a new doctor.  Since I’m never sick, I haven’t been that concerned by the neglect of our formerly-wonderful local clinic.  But getting into bronchitis is more serious.  Getting tested for worse than bronchitis at new doc’s office…oh!

I’m stilllll sick.  I’m FINALLY getting sleep tho.  Wonderful!  Coughing less and less weirdly.  Voice still in baritone range.  {roll eyes}  Our area is experiencing some med shortages, btw.

It’s been many years since I’ve been ill with cold/flu.  Hope it is many years before I go thru this again.  I’m sorry to have missed this Challenge.  I haven’t been outside the door for over a week….except to see doc. She appreciated that I came in from the parking lot, already masked!

My walking will have to begin slowly again.  Dog will be excited to get her evening walking partner back.  Not today or tomorrow…..  Don’t know when but being locked inside is not my style.  I’ll be glad to be set free…eventually.

OldMtWoman  …good for all of you who have continued!

Daisy
    Keymaster

OldMtWoman  – I think I have the same virus as you. This cough has been utterly brutal! I feel like finally, almost two weeks later, it’s winding down, although I still have a cough. Like you, I’ve barely been able to eat, my stomach hurts from coughing so hard, and all I wanted was water, water, and more water.

Here’s hoping we are both recovering!

Daisy
    Keymaster

OldMtWoman  – I think I have the same virus as you. This cough has been utterly brutal! I feel like finally, almost two weeks later, it’s winding down, although I still have a cough. Like you, I’ve barely been able to eat, my stomach hurts from coughing so hard, and all I wanted was water, water, and more water.

Here’s hoping we are both recovering!

Loving Life
    Participant

@oldmtwoman @daisy. Sorry to hear about the virus; that virus seems to be winding its way across the country. Get well soon!

I have been under the weather, not the virus, but due to a bad fall I took on the ski slope. Visibility was bad and a skier went down right in front of me. My stopping wasn’t great on the icy surface. I took a bad fall. I am so sore and bruised head to toe. I definitely did some damage to the knee. I will be taking it easy for the next few days. I am happy that I have stocked up on knee braces, deep muscle rubs, etc. We all will experience set backs on this road to a healthier lifestyle; we just need to get back in the horse when we can.

As for my goals, I want to check all the above boxes. I want to get healthier while losing weight. This challenge has helped me focus more on the overall fitness and health by making small changes, which hopefully will turn into habits.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Loving Life.

OldMt Woman
    Participant

Oh yeah, @daisy !  That does sound the like same virus.  Just a heads up – I was tested for pertussis.  The cough had my doc THAT nervous.  I’ve not been notified of any “positive” …but she didn’t wait for that.  Got me immediately on Z-pack which I’m just finishing tomorrow.  Pertussis is bacterial.

But wait…many long decades ago – I had the vaccine!  {rolling eyes}  And we know how vaccines are turning out right now.  If one puts one’s ear to the ground and listens, one can hear an avalanche of TROUBLE coming in regard to vaccines.  Just sayin’.

[Frankly, I think they’d work except…as in all of modern life right now….quality is shoved out way behind PROFITS!  A VERY dangerous game the human race is playing right now. I was given the antique/heritage version of vaccine so I’m hoping it’s still quality…viable.   Can we even imagine if we lost control of polio again?  I remember polio! ]  🙁

Take great care, Daisy.  This one is nasty and will leave us with lingering weaknesses for a time.  Build yourself back up before pushing on.  Good thing you’ve been living a healthy Euro lifestyle when it hit!!

OldMtWoman  *cough, cough!*

Crow Bar
    Keymaster

Yep.
    Dunno what it is, but I have had this cough since around Christmas. It has finally reduced to once in awhile thing, but it did interrupt sleeping and exercise for weeks!

@lovinglife, sorry to hear about the bad spill. Hope the aches and pains fade soon!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar