January 18, 2020 at 8:01 am #25720
Here are the small habits we’re incorporating into our daily lives.
- We’re drinking water before we drink other beverages.
- We’re adding a serving of fruit or veggies before each meal.
- We’re adding more movement to our day.
- We are performing 5 minutes of gentle stretches before we get out of bed in the morning.
- We are focusing on some rest or relaxation time on a daily basis.
- Replacing calorie-laden, nutritionally-barren snacks with fruits and veggies.
- Adding in the new habits to support the changes you want to make. (This will be different for all of us, based on our goals.
Since it’s Saturday AND strength training day, take the opportunity to do a workout that pulls double duty. Add some extra weight to your backpack and push yourself further on your walk today. I recommend adding hills, distance, time, or all of the above. Get the whole family involved in some fun and fitness!
Be sure to note what you did differently – next Saturday, we’ll push this challenge further still.
Please share what you’re doing in the comments to inspire the rest of us!
- This topic was modified 1 year ago by Daisy.
January 18, 2020 at 10:24 pm #25728
Today was a fun day for me. I spent it with my daughter. When we got home it seems there was a monsoon so I did not get to my exercising. I will do this challenge tomorrow.
I plan to put some weights in a backpack while I do my biking. I plan on carrying the same weight when I walk on Tuesday.
January 19, 2020 at 9:54 am #25739
Alas, I am still recovering from my fall; so I took the day off. I did continue all my small habits (water, veggies and fruits, gentle stretches, relaxation, using Fitbit, etc). I also did get movement in but nothing extreme. This weekend is about recovery.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.