Home › Forums › Challenges and Contests › 2020 Prepper Health & Fitness Challenge: Day 21
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 2 months ago by Daisy.
January 21, 2020 at 9:59 am #25774DaisyKeymaster
Here are the small habits we’re incorporating into our daily lives.
- We’re drinking water before we drink other beverages.
- We’re adding a serving of fruit or veggies before each meal.
- We’re adding more movement to our day.
- We are performing 5 minutes of gentle stretches before we get out of bed in the morning.
- We are focusing on some rest or relaxation time on a daily basis.
- Replacing calorie-laden, nutritionally-barren snacks with fruits and veggies.
- Adding in the new habits to support the changes you want to make. (This will be different for all of us, based on our goals.
- Remember to sit in a way that supports your body.
Today, we’ll spend some extra time working on flexibility. It’s a great idea to add a yoga routine into your life at least a couple of times per week. Increased flexibility can help your body heal from previous injuries and can prevent future injuries.
This routine takes only 5 minutes and is good for any level.
When adding new things to your fitness routine, if time is a factor, remember that YouTube is loaded with five-minute workouts. There’s nobody who can’t fit in five minutes a day.
January 21, 2020 at 12:46 pm #25775Loving LifeParticipant
Thanks for the tips. I was looking for a short stretching yoga routine for the morning.
As for the habits, I am doing good. I still am unsure whether I am drinking enough water. I do know that these daily tips have now become mostly habit. Yeah!
January 21, 2020 at 1:24 pm #25778Dala BarnesParticipant
All stretched out for the day 🙂
I am incorporating your suggestions daily feel good!
Loving Life I looked up how much water I should be drinking daily. Lots of different amounts. I finally found a resource that said if you are making too many trips to the bathroom then you are drinking too much 🙂 I have cut back a little on the water I was drinking but I am still limiting the other drinks I am consuming.
January 22, 2020 at 1:27 pm #25794DaisyKeymaster
I’m really glad you all are liking the daily tips. Little habits are so much easier to maintain than complete overhauls.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.