Here are the small habits we’re incorporating into our daily lives.
- We’re drinking water before we drink other beverages.
- We’re adding a serving of fruit or veggies before each meal.
- We’re adding more movement to our day.
- We are performing 5 minutes of gentle stretches before we get out of bed in the morning.
- We are focusing on some rest or relaxation time on a daily basis.
- Replacing calorie-laden, nutritionally-barren snacks with fruits and veggies.
- Adding in the new habits to support the changes you want to make. (This will be different for all of us, based on our goals.
- Remember to sit in a way that supports your body.
Let’s talk about seasonal eating.
Not only is it a whole lot less expensive, but it’s also more nutritious to enjoy things that are currently in-season. In the winter, you have starchier vegetables like rutabagas, turnips, and parsnips. These have extra calories and the nutrients you need to keep you warmer and healthier. In the summer, you have lighter produce, like cucumbers and tomatoes. These keep you cooler and provide the nutrients you need. Berries even provide some sun protection.
Make an effort to add more in-season produce to your life. What winter vegetables and fruits are you eating right now?