Here are the small habits we’re incorporating into our daily lives.
- We’re drinking water before we drink other beverages.
- We’re adding a serving of fruit or veggies before each meal.
- We’re adding more movement to our day.
- We are performing 5 minutes of gentle stretches before we get out of bed in the morning.
- We are focusing on some rest or relaxation time on a daily basis.
- Replacing calorie-laden, nutritionally-barren snacks with fruits and veggies.
- Adding in the new habits to support the changes you want to make. (This will be different for all of us, based on our goals.
- Remember to sit in a way that supports your body.
Today is a strength-training day. We’re going to be working our core. This article has core exercises for people no matter what their level of fitness. Some require equipment but most can be done at home with what you have on hand.
Another way to build core strength is by using an exercise ball. You can sit on it while watching television or while working on the computer to add a light core workout to your day.