62% Of Millennials Are Living Paycheck To Paycheck

Home Forums Financial Preparedness 62% Of Millennials Are Living Paycheck To Paycheck

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  namelus 6 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Crow Bar

https://www.aboutschwab.com/modernwealth2019

“The burden to ‘keep up with the Joneses’ has been part of our culture for decades, but it appears that social media and the fear of missing out (FOMO) have increased the pressure to spend,” said Terri Kallsen, executive vice president and head of Schwab Investor Services. “Spending is not the enemy, but when we allow social pressure or other forces to lure us into spending beyond our means, it can impact long-term financial stability and become a larger problem.”

Living beyond their means.
    I hear many stories about how people are barely getting by, but I have to ask, how much of it is self induced pain?

namelus
    Participant

Some is definitely by choice, some are lazy and stupid. However there is a growing problem of true lack of jobs that pay well.enough for someone to live.

Back in 80 I was making $20  an hour.  On this I could party, own two cars one brand new and a motor cycle and pay mortgage by my self. I also could save oNE week of pay a month. New truck was 20,000 and house was 150,000

Now person in the same trade makes $35 an hour and uou can barely afford a car with a shared accommodation no savings. Yes it’s harder to save but things have gone insane in costs and fees. Truck new 80,000 house 2,000,000. A 30 percent pay increase can’t span the gap.

When I went back to university 4 years cost me just over 23,000 . Now same is over 100,000.

If you have not moved bulk of finances in mid 90 to tax havens off shore, using leveraged assets for aquiring property rentals here no way to do it now.  Had some luck in investing in tech giants when they started but today all stock market is rigged scam.

Ask you self how much would it take if you had to start from scratch right now to get to where you are at? I personally could never make it back in 3 life times.

Where did we go wrong? The dream is a nightmare you can’t wake from and getting worse.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar