Lessons from media mistake #100 in the era of Trump

Home Forums News & Current Events Lessons from media mistake #100 in the era of Trump

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Littlesister 6 days, 10 hours ago.

• Author

Crow Bar
    Keymaster

Lessons from media mistake #100 in the era of Trump

While this may look political, it is actually a critique on American Media.

And I think she is right.

Josefina Arenas
    Participant

Sheryl Attkisson is my hero in terms of reporting.  You know, young people (and I assume Kwong is one of those)  have a hard time discerning truth, and I understand why when they make their own truth by their disingenous instagram posts (false body pics, false vacation pics, etc…).  In their world, truth is what you make of it.

Josefina Arenas
    Participant

Crow Bar
      Keymaster

In this day and age, seemed to be (until this action taken by Newsweek) that as long as it was anti-Trump, it was ok to publish unverified reporting, deny, ignore, or offer the lamest of excuses for correction.
      I think that is why the Attkisson piece is so important.
      And also why today’s loose journalism is the reason why American’s distrust MSM so much.

Littlesister
    Participant

There is very little news that I trust these days. Have to go digging for the real truth. She really should have gotten her facts straight before saying Trump was out golfing, etc. But on the other hand the person that was suppose to be fat checking the article failed to do so and that person should also be fired for not doing his or her job as well. Maybe then we will get the truth of the news when they think they might not have a job for putting out false info.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar