Meet Amazon's $18,000 "Lillevilla" House With Free Shipping

Home Forums Financial Preparedness Frugality Meet Amazon's $18,000 "Lillevilla" House With Free Shipping

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  namelus 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Crow Bar
    Keymaster

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-01/affordable-housing-meet-amazons-18000-lillevilla-house-free-shipping

Hey, if I didnt meet the wife, I would of seriously consider one of these.
    My plan (pre-wife) was to buy a $5k used single wide, put it on a plot of land 40-60 acres out in the sticks, then put a $12k kitchen in it.
    Then life is what happens while you are making other plans.

Whirlibird
    Participant

My grandparents lived in one of the high end Sears houses mentioned. Done right, there’s nothing wrong with pre-fab. Unfortunately most aren’t done right.

For a mild climate that might not be bad, around here, you’re gonna freeze to death. I’m guessing that this will be the death knell of the tiny house trend.

Daisy
    Keymaster

That’s pretty awesome. But I’d need a second one for all of my books.

Crow Bar
    Keymaster

There are a few companies making pre-fabs out of structural insulated panels (SIPs) that can have a high R-value for Northern climates.
    They can even withstand earthquakes with a better survival rate than frame and stick.

Crow Bar
    Keymaster

@daisy, Same here!

namelus
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Lol books now have taken over library 2 40 foot high cube containers worth and growing….. more in the read pile than not….. life is not indoors and it’s a contact sport</p>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar